Tuesday, July 22, 2014

World of Wifi

World of Wifi

This past week-end we traveled for a family reunion.  We had a wonderful time!  My family had a chance to spend some R & R with Amy and her family.  So where does the wifi come in?  
Well we had a 5 hour car ride each way.  I am pleased to say that we did not use electronics to entertain the kids in the car!  Last summer we went on a similar car ride and brought the iPad, iPod, portable DVD player, leap pad . . . If it had batteries or could be charged we brought it with us.
What a mistake!  I promised myself I would not do that again.  The kids argued, yelled, and cried!  Can you say stressful?  Well, my husband can.

We got in the car with NO electronics this time and had such an enjoyable car ride each way!
Yep! That is right! We enjoyed a 5 hour car ride with 2 kids!  
So what did we do for 5 hours?  
We talked about whatever the kids wanted to talk about, we sang, we played games and oh yeah the kids took a nap.  
I vow not to bring electronics in the again!!

How do you entertain your kids when you travel? 

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment