Thursday, May 31, 2012

aunt kitty's cookie's

last night i started off looking for my nainy's jam recipe and ended up with a cookie recipe (along with some other real cool recipe's that i can't wait to try, like peanut butter play-doh!!!)  i was reading a blog and saw a recipe for homemade pop tarts and thought. . .oh i want to make those, let me see if i can hunt down my nainy's ( nainy is grandmother for those who don't know) recipe for jam and use that in the pop tart.  so i thought well i know my mom has never made it maybe my aunt kitty has, so i picked up the phone and called her.  well she never made it either,  however she gave me some other suggestions.  as we got talking aunt kitty shared some recipes and cookbooks with me!  i can't wait to see if i can find the cookbooks, you see she used these cookbooks with my cousins when they were little.  

so, this morning i was taking a look at one of the recipes she gave me and changed it just a little...yummy!!!! thought i would share.

thank you aunt kitty!!!! it was great to talk to you last night!!!!

aunt kitty's cookie's

1 stick unsalted butter
3/4 c sugar
1/4 c honey
6T dark cocco
1/2c whole milk
bring to boil
turn off stove
add
1t vanilla
1/2 c peanut butter
mix until peanut butter is melted
add
3c oatmeal
2T wheatgerm
stir until coated then spoon onto wax paper let cool, store in fridge

ENJOY!!!!

next time i think i might add alittle more peanut butter and, a nut or seed!

lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment