Friday, May 4, 2012

kicking an old habit...

diet soda....
why i can't give up my diet soda??????
i stop drinking it for a couple of days, then it happens-my will power FLIES right out of the window and i crack open a can of diet soda and down the whole can like i have not had a drink in day's!!!!  why can't i give it up? i drink milk, coffee, water, wine, my yummy juice from the juicer, however some days i just can't do it and i just NEED a diet soda.  go figure?!?! i can't! 

so last night when my parents were over, i was having a diet soda... my mom looks at me and said, "doesn't a diet soda, go against everything you believe?" and all i could say was "yes".  i continued to explain to my mom sometimes other drinks just do not cut it for me! i also told me mom how when i drink the diet soda how i feel all bloated.  once again my mom had a very valid question, "is it worth it then?" my response, "no".  but mom what else can i drink, was my follow up question?  she had a great answer for me!!! cold homemade tea with honey and lemon!!! duh, why didn't i think of that? sometimes mom's do know best! good bye diet soda for good!!!!

lisa

1 comment: