Monday, March 19, 2012

skinny vs. healthy

ultimately in my mind i want to be skinny, . , . , . oh yeah feel good about my body and be healthy. i guess up until today i never put real thought into what i said and how i worded it, about my weight loss and eating while my five year old daughter was around  . . .  i thought we had a couple more years to worry about self image with our daughter .  while spending time together she said to me, "i wish you were skinny like erin's mom." I asked "why?"  point blank she said "it's cool to be skinny like her."  i think my mouth dropped to the floor. she is FIVE. please tell me where do they learn this???? after lifting my jaw up off the ground i simply respond " i want to be healthy, it doesn't matter how skinny you are as long as you take care of your body." ok this is after i have lost 66lbs. from this point on i will now talk about how i am becoming healthy and NOT skinny.  i don't want my daughter to think it is cool to be skinny!!!! i want her to be confident and comfortable with who she is. yes do i want to to be "skinny",  however what defines skinny?

with all that being said, she loves our new mid-day snack that i offered today and the best thing is, the little guy can eat it too!!! home-made trail mix!  all i did was grab a bowl, pour some cashews in, pour in some crasins, add some chocolate chips and mix. how easy is that! yummy!

lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment